Click the button to see our current job openings:
Via West provides skills and training relevant to careers in:
- Recreation Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- In-Home Respite (IHR)
- Speech Therapy (SLP), Occupational Therapy (OT), Physical Therapy (PT)
- Education, Special Education, Early Intervention
- Public Service, Law Enforcement, and Social Services
- Performing Arts, Art, Music, Dance, Creative Expression
Camp Via West is located in Cupertino, California. Compensation and benefits include weekend/summer stipend, housing and meals, and performance and attendance bonuses. During the summer, you will also have days off to explore the beauty of Northern California – Santa Cruz, San Francisco, and all that lies between. The experience you will be able to add to your resume includes:
- Real life, hands-on experiences interacting with and supporting children and adults with developmental delays in a natural setting that will foster skills that can be generalized into therapeutic work in clinical settings.
- Opportunities to implement speech, language, and feeding support, as well as strategies to encourage development of participant’s social competencies in the social setting of camp.
- Develop communication techniques to increase participation with participants with varying language barriers.
- Develop strategies to assess factors that impact unwanted behaviors.
- Opportunities to develop and deliver lesson plans based on camper needs and counselor interests.
- QBS Behavioral Safety Care training provided.
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification available.
Via strives hard to create an open and communicative environment for our employees. We believe in letting everyone have their own unique voice and we value what each individual person brings to the table. We foster not only professional growth, but personal growth as well.
Watch below to see how current and former staff would describe Camp Via West in just one word.
Working at Camp Via West is a unique experience that you will not find anywhere else.
I am currently a medical student and work as a Pediatrics Primary Care/Disability Specialist. For any healthcare job, being able to help an individual with their daily living activities is an important skill that is taught in great detail at camp. What I enjoyed the most about working at Via West was the campers. I loved getting to know them, supporting them, and generally spending time with every single camper. They are truly the stars of Via West and the reason camp shines.
Sahil, Camp Counselor/Behavior Assistant
June 2019-March 2020