Covid-19 Updates and Important Information
Via West Campus Covid-19 Risk Reduction Procedures for Programs – Updated January 20, 2022
As the pandemic changes, these policies will be updated to reflect best practices or mandates from Federal/State/local authorities, or recommendations from the ACA (American Camp Association)
- All employees and campers are required to be fully vaccinated in order to attend. Additionally, starting on February 1st, all employees are required to have received a booster shot, per guidelines from the Department of Social Services.
- All staff members are required to use KN-95 masks or better while indoors, except during meal times, when sleeping, and in outdoor spaces.
- We are requiring all campers that can, to wear a disposable mask (surgical mask, KN-95, or N-95). Please, no cloth masks. Via West can provide masks to both campers and staff as necessary
- Staff and campers presenting with Covid-19 symptoms will not be able to stay.
- Upon arrival, both staff and campers are required to take a rapid/antigen test. A negative test is required in order to remain on Via West Campus.
- Via West has suspended offsite activities that require transportation (prolonged close contact is unavoidable during transportation).
- Via West requires campers and their families to indicate their understanding of Covid-19 risks.
Current symptoms that prohibit participation in Via West Campus programs for both staff and campers:
- Positive Covid-19 test within the past five-days.
- Fever-greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sore throat.
- Persistent cough that cannot be attributed to other causes such as asthma/allergies.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Vomiting for non-behavioral reasons.
Current symptoms that prohibit participation in Via West Campus programs for both staff & campers when 2 or more symptoms are present:
- Runny nose
- Body aches
- We are requiring that all campers take a rapid test upon arrival at Via West. Negative tests will be required for your camper to remain at camp.
- Please keep your camper home if they are experiencing any Covid-19 or flu symptoms.
- We are requesting campers use either disposable surgical masks, KN95 or N95 masks (we will have extra KN95 and surgical masks on site if needed).
- We ask that you, and especially your camper, practice as much physical distancing and mask-wearing as possible during the coming days in preparation for their stay at camp.
- While on campus, staff will continue to monitor for signs or symptoms of Covid-19.
Other steps taken to decrease risk:
- Increased cleaning frequency.
- Increased space between campers in the cabins.
- Encouraging people to maintain distance.
- Encouraging frequent hand washing.
- Camp capacity has significantly been limited.
- Waived all cancellation fees during the pandemic.
Please be aware, although we are taking steps to limit the risk of contracting Covid- 19 on Via West Campus, participating in group activities, such as camp, still poses a real risk of contracting Covid-19.