Social Saturdays and Sundays is designed to address the emotional needs and safety concerns of our participants with re-entry into social situations coming out of the pandemic. Our outings could be the first steps in re-engaging families who have experienced social isolation but remain cautious about re-entry. This program is also a great introduction to the types of services we offer at Via West. Families are encouraged to use one of these sessions as a trial before a full day or overnight weekend camp. It’s also a great short break for parents to go have lunch or spend time with other siblings!
Via has long offered community integration programs such as this as an element of the Via West curriculum. We are excited to offer these community activities that are meaningful, challenging, and fun, yet also provide parents reassurance that appropriate health protocols are in place for their loved ones to be safe.
Outings will consist of a meetup at a specified location – a city or regional park with open space and trails, museum, zoo, or amusement park. With the initial launch of our program, groups will be limited with staff providing 1:1, 2:1, and 3:1 ratio support. Those who are able will wear a face mask at all times, social distancing will be maintained, and location guidelines will be followed. As covid restrictions lessen, the numbers of the groups will expand.
Covid-19 Policies and Protocols
Effective July 27, 2021:
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIRED FOR ALL STAFF AND PARTICIPANTS
Due to the recent significant rise in covid-19 cases, with the majority of people diagnosed being those who are not fully vaccinated*, ALL STAFF AND PARTICIPANTS are required to be fully vaccinated before the start of a session for the foreseeable future. Please provide a copy of your covid-19 vaccine card when you submit your paperwork. If you are not currently fully vaccinated*, but you are planning to become vaccinated prior to your session, please let us know.
*Please note that fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed after receiving the second dose of either the Moderna or the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine OR two weeks have passed after receiving the Johnson & Johnson/Jensen vaccine.
We recognize that currently, participants under the age of 12 are not eligible to receive any of the covid-19 vaccines. Safety is our top priority, and we regret that we will not be able to serve this particular age group at this time. We are hopeful that we will be able to change this policy in the future if there is a lower risk of infection in our area.
If you have registered for a session, but you are not planning or able to receive the vaccine before the start date, please contact Kim Nguyen at email@example.com or 408-243-7861, ext. 214, and we will issue a full refund of your registration deposit and any fees already paid.
- All participants and staff working with or around program are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Screening (temperature checks and self-assessment) is required upon check-in for all participants and staff.
- Lodges will have smaller groups.
- There will be decreased interactions between participants and staff of different lodge groups (cohorts).
- Cleaning and sanitizing areas in between uses will be increased.
- Any activities that can be performed outdoors will be moved to outside.
- Masks will be required during all indoor activities, excluding sleeping, showering/bathing, and during eating.
- The availability of hand sanitizer will be increased and more frequent hand washing will be encouraged.
- Any participants or staff who show signs or symptoms of covid-19 will be immediately quarantined and required to be picked up from campus.
Social Saturdays and Sundays
- Kids, teens, and young adults sessions for ages 5-22, young adults and adults sessions for ages 16+
- Altitude kids and teens sessions for ages 9-18, teens and young adults sessions for ages 18-30
- Staffing ratios provided for 1:1, 2:1, and 3:1
- Check-in is at 11:00am and check-out is at 3:00pm
Pricing & Enrollment
- Private Pay: $160 for Altitude or $135 for Via West 3:1 or $170 for Via West 2:1 or $195 for Via West 1:1. Please click here for financial assistance.
- If you would like to utilize Regional Center funding, please check with your Regional Center planning team to use your out-of-home respite hours. If the session is indeed funded by the Regional Center, you will only be charged for the enhanced experience – the Supplemental Daily Rate of $75/day. We have a scholarship fund available for anyone who needs assistance with partial or full payment of the fee. Please click here to request a scholarship. Please note that effective July 1, 2021, all Altitude programs are private pay only.
- New participant? Click here to inquire about programs
If you would like more information about this or any of our other programs, please call 408-243-7861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.