What is Speech Therapy?
- Individual and group therapy available in 30, 45, 60 minute intervals
- Initial comprehensive evaluation to determine client’s areas of strength and relative weakness
- Each client has an individualized therapy plan that includes measurable goals targeting the child’s unique needs and areas of growth based from an initial evaluation (May accept insurance provider evaluation or school district report within 6 month period)
- Parents/Families are given daily therapy notes, homework exercises, and six month progress reports
Why should you choose Speech Therapy?
- Our therapy program has been well established for over 30 years serving children and families within Santa Clara County
- We have highly qualified licensed speech language pathologists and assistants
- Therapy is developed around evidence based mythologies
- We strive to accommodate families by providing a variety of available appointments including afternoon, evening, and Saturday mornings
Who should participate?
- Clients between birth-14 years old
- Parent and other family members are encouraged to be involved/observe the therapy sessions (please note: if presence of family member decreases client’s performance, then session will be provided 1:1( therapist/client only) and immediate therapist feedback will be given to family following the session)
Where is it?
- Our speech therapy services are available at our clinic in Santa Clara – 2851 Park Ave
- Home based and childcare/preschool sessions can be arranged when available
When is it?
- Services are generally offered between 8:30-6:30pm Monday-Friday as well as 9:00-12:00pm on Saturday
How do I enroll?
What are payment and coverage options?
We accept insurance, private pay, and regional center funding for services.
We are in-network with the carriers listed below and will require the following if an appointment is available:
You are required to go through Kaiser’s process to obtain:
- Initial Evaluation
- Referral letter for services
If you have a referral letter, please contact us to make an appointment.
Blue Shield PPO Plans only (no HMO). We need the following to confirm you are in-network:
- Insurance Card
Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM)
We need the following to request prior authorization from HPSM:
- HPSM doctor’s referral/prescription
- HPSM card
- IEP (if applicable)
If HPSM is not your primary insurance provider, we will need a letter from your primary provider denying coverage of services.
Other Payment Options
You may choose to pay for services privately and seek reimbursement from your insurance carrier on your own. We can provide a monthly receipt with the required information.
- Therapy Sessions $150/60 minute session
- Speech Evaluation $800
- Occupational Therapy Evaluation $800
- Social Learning Groups $350/month
- Handwriting Readiness Groups $350/month
- Fun with Food $350/month
If you are a current client of either Golden Gate Regional Center or San Andreas Regional Center, please contact your social worker regarding your interest in services through AbilityPath.